The other night I was planning on grilling my Chicken and Rainbow Veggies but a windy rainstorm thwarted my grilling plans. I pulled a quick switch to a one pan dinner. What really makes this meal is the grated fresh ginger. You can read about how I easily always have ginger on hand here. It is really easy to grate when it is frozen.
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup broccoli (florets cut from crown)
- 1 cup carrots (cut in long pieces)
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini (cut into half-moon chunks)
- 1 cup snap or snow peas (with ends trimmed)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons ginger (grated)
- 1/4 cup prepared Hoisin sauce
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Optional add-ins: Red or other bell peppers, bok choy, or other vegetables you have on hand.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all vegetables
- Mix chicken thighs, vegetables, and garlic in an oven-safe pan with hoisin sauce, drizzle of olive, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Push the chicken thighs to the bottom of the pan.
- Grate the ginger over the top of the chicken and veggies making sure each items gets a little bit of ginger.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice or alone. Red chili paste and soy sauce make good condiments.
This is a great way to get a variety of veggies in front of my family quickly and I hope it works for your family as well.