This is the recipe for my Go-To Taco Meat that I seriously make almost every week. Beast looks at my weekly menu more on that later for it each week and will ask if it isn’t there when I’m making it next. This recipe makes plenty for dinner and next day lunches too. And the kids have no idea how many veggies they are eating.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 can black beans
- 1 box hard taco shells
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- few glugs your favorite beer
- topping shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (optional)
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- shredded lettuce for topping (optional)
- fresh tomatoes, diced for topping (optional)
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6-8 servings
So there you have it. This is not anything fancy but it goes over really well with my family and tastes great for lunch the next day. It is also really flexible and you can make it different depending on what you have on hand.
Hope it works for you too!